Skip to main content

Oghowen, My mother's beloved. (Episode 1)

        Epa domo, I greeted Papa Ikpomwosa, our neighbour. Esosa, welcome, my son.Una don get holiday? The old man asked. Yes, Epa,  we are on Easter break. Oh-0h! exclaimed the old man, welcome home, my son. How body? Fine, Epa, I said and started walkinghome briskly, mama would be expecting me. I got home and called, Mama!Mama! Mama came out and when she saw me, I saw the joy on her face, she ran to hug me, and started shedding tears, I cleaned mama's tears and told her to stop crying. Indeed, the death of oghowen is taking its toll on mama, mama was no longer the lively woman she used to be, she was looking old and frail.       Our  father had died in a ghastly road accident when I was barely three years old, I don't have any memories of my father, mama was pregnant with oghowen. Papa's family members threw mama and I out of our home and mama had to be the only one fending for us. I grew up seeing mama as a very hardworking ...

The rain said yes to our prayers

Lolu and I were lovers while we were in the university. You know that thing they say about about 'first love' right? Yes, Lolu was the first guy I fell in love with but things eventually went sour between us and we went our separate ways. I forgot about love, not because of anything else but because I was busy. I forgot about Lolu too, maybe that was a lie I told myself for five years, but I did so well in concealing it.

Five years later, I had secured a good job, I was doing well for myself and I was the definition of an independent woman. It was on a Wednesday morning when my phone rang and woke me up, it was my mother calling. She rendered her prayers and gave me all other unnecessary 'gists', I knew where she was going, she wanted to talk about marriage but thank my stars, my boss' call came through and I had to excuse my mum, my boss told me of a presentation I would have to give to a company we had been looking forward to partner with and because, Mr Patrick, who was supposed to do that was involved in a motor accident a day before, my boss had to give me the baton. I was filled with mixture of anger, anxiety, fear and their likes as I stuttered to find something to say. My boss didn't give me that opportunity, he showed that I had no choice when he told me he believed in me and that I should resume early so we could deliberate on what I would deliver and he hung up the line with a 'see you in the office soon' kind of tone. I had wanted to throw my phone on the wall, I was so mad! But I had no time to do all of that, My boss liked me, he believed that I was intelligent and instead of getting mad, I could just find something better to do. I rushed to the bathroom and while I was in the bathroom, thoughts of my mum and her regular talks about marriage came to my mind, I imagined that if I had to get married any time soon, with whom would it be and Lolu came to my mind instantly. I immediately told myself it was impossible, I didn't even know his whereabouts anymore. I did all I could to leave home early so I could meet my boss at work, on my way to work, Lolu crossed my mind again, the moments we shared together, our fights and our break up. It brought back mixtures of pleasures and pain but I had to get a grip on myself as I needed my brain to do something at work.

Few minutes past 7:30am, I was already at the office and I was told that my boss was waiting for me. He tried to hide that he was panicking but I could sense it from the way he was pacing all about. He gave me the layout of what I would talk about and advised me to compose myself and carry myself with charisma as he reminded me that we couldn't afford to lose this. I had less than two and half hours to prepare, I needed to be left alone to gather my thoughts together and prepare. 
Tic Toc! It was fifteen minutes to the time and I was called to head to the board room. I knew I already prepared and was ready to give it my best shot, so I was confident in myself.

We took our seats and anticipated our visitors' arrival. Immediately it was announced that they were around, and I looked up to take a look at their faces, my jaw dropped as I beheld a face, I was stuck on his face for the next few seconds as I accessed everything about him. He had a really nice haircut, very fine face, slightly tanned skin, a designer blue suit laced with few but seemingly expensive and beautiful jewelries, designer brown shoes, and a very nice scent that followed him as he walked past me. I did all of these within seconds before my brain finally registered who he was, Lolu!
All the confidence i had built vanished into thin air, as cold as the room was, my palms started sweating, my legs were shaking and I knew I was in a big trouble!
As he took his seat, as if he came there to look for me, the first place he looked at was my angle and immediately our eyes met, I looked away. My boss stood up to do the introduction as he Invited me to come give my presentation. When I finally stood before the board, It took me like a couple of minutes to adjust myself and off I went! Looking everyone in their faces while speaking and caught Lolu severally, giving wicked smiles, but that was my job, my daily bread and I had to give it my all and face Lolu later. They took their turns to ask me questions and I answered them until it got to Lolu's turn and I could not process what he was saying, I suddenly went 'deaf'. After he asked like three times and I still could not answer his question, he asked me to take my seat. I still do not know I walked straight to my seat without falling. Every other thing being said at the meeting flew past my ears until they announced that the deal was done and they agreed to partner with us. Voila! My heart leapt for joy but I couldn't show it there. The meeting later came to an end and while we were on our way out, my boss beckoned on me to accompany them to the car park which I did. He was discussing with Lolu and I could tell that they had created a new level of friendship. Then, my boss made to introduce us to each other, he introduced Lolu first and as he made to introduce me, Lolu greeted him with 'Don't worry, I've known Tolani for the past seven years and I've been looking for her for the past five years, thanks to your company that brought us together again'. I felt embarrassed as my boss gave a 'really?' kind of look and jokingly said if that was the case, he would have to leave us alone. And off he went, leaving me with Lolu, the guy that took my heart seven years ago.

He gave me his card and made me vow to call him which I did vow to. That night, I called him and we spoke for hours, talking about work, career, life and eventually, love and in few weeks, that took us back to Lolu asking to come back to my life. I couldn't say no but I wasn't going to say yes, either. We were seeing day by day and the bond grew fonder. I still had not given Lolu a definite reply.

On Valentine's day, he requested we go to the cinema, which I obliged. It was at night and a Yoruba movie titled 'Egberun maili' meaning a thousand miles was the movie we watched, the movie was about two lovers that could not be separated by distance nor other factors surrounding them and no matter how difficult those situations were, they eventually got married.

After the movie, he was going to drop me at home when i had already started dozing in his car. Unfortunately enough, on getting home, there was power outage, so, he had to hold my hand and take me inside, according to him, so, I would not sleep on the corridor, thinking I was in my room. We finally got in and he stayed for five minutes before he decided to take his leave. I saw him off to the his car and while we stood there saying our good nights, suddenly, he asked if he could kiss me. Within seconds, memories of us together flashed back, our kisses, our love making and when I looked up at him, I saw eyes burning of thick passion ad watched as his lips descended on mine, eating my lips softly, yet, I felt this fierce hotness inside of me. We were outside, but I cared less, we cared less. He lifted me and placed me on the car while we continued our adventure. 'Omotolani, I love you and I am sorry for the times I left you' he said, I felt him shed tears and when I raised my hand to touch his face, it was soaked with tears. Like rain, tears rushed down my cheeks as I told him 'I love you too, Omololu'. No longer had we resumed kissing when we felt rain drops on our body and before we could think of what to do next, the downpour started. Lolu wanted us to move inside but I wanted the rain, I felt they were signs of blessings to the silent prayers our hearts said through tears and right there in the rain, we made passionate love.
Indeed, the rain did say Amen to our prayers as I and Omololu are now happily married and blessed with two beautiful kids.

Thanks for reading😍

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The woman and her vagina!! Watermelon smells like watermelon, apple smells like apple, and the vagina smells like the vagina. The question is how does a good vagina smell? What are the remedies for a foul smelling vagina? Here are the things you need to know about how you should treat your vagina.

Most  people believe that the vagina is some foul smelling and dirty organ, and this belief has caused a lot of females to be ashamed of, and uncomfortable with their vagina. Dear woman, leave the flowers in the garden to smell like the flowers in the garden, allow your vagina to smell like 'herself'. Unless your vagina brings a very offensive odour which most times, is in a form of a fishy smell, you should have nothing to worry about. How   should   you   treat   your   vagina ?   1)  Practice   a   good   hygiene .       • Have your bath at least twice in a day, especially on hot days. Endeavour not to go to bed sweating.      • When you pee, always wash your vagina with just clean water.       • Do not leave your sanitary pads or tampons for long. Endeavour to change them every four hours.       • Do not ...

At what point should you walk away from a relationship?

You have to know when walk away from abusive relationships, from unprofitable relationships, from unyielding relationships, from unpromising relationships, from unfortunate relationships!!! Listen to me, brother, if you ask a girl out and she keeps saying no, it means she doesn't like you, she doesn't want to be with you. No, it's not that she's testing your patience. She doesn't like you!!! Read the handwriting on the wall, when you call her and she doesn't pick it up nor return your calls nor apologise for doing so and it keeps repeating itself? I know you are in love but brother? You gotta respect yourself! Are you in a relationship that is at the verge of breaking? And you are always the only one begging to keep the rope from cutting? Know it is time to walk away. You should stop begging anyone who doesn't care about losing you. Yes, fight for your relationship, I know problems arise, and you gotta fight but if looking back, you realise you'v...

Ladies! During this harsh heat period, what care are you giving your vagina? Heat can cause your vagina to have bad odour, itching and can give you vagina infection. You can prevent this by following this simple tips

This heat is everywhere and everyone has been feeling its wrath. Well, every other part of our body can withstand this heat but it's not advisable to risk our vaggy. How do we save our Vagina from the wrath of this serious heat? These simple tips will go a long way to protect our vagina from bad odour, itching and infection. You can choose the ones most comfortable for you if not all. 1) Shave off your pubic hair Hair traps sweat and keeps moisture. No! Your vagina does not need that. Shave the hair and let in some fresh air. 2) Avoid tight panties This is the time to do away with those very tight under wears. I know panty hoses are sexy but your vagina needs to breath. Wear something free, this will enable air in and reduce the heat 3) Wash your vagina with clean water each time you pee ( urinate ) This will not only help to keep the urine odour off your vagina but will also wash off any sweat that might have been trapped in there 4) Do away with p anti...