Epa domo, I greeted Papa Ikpomwosa, our neighbour. Esosa, welcome, my son.Una don get holiday? The old man asked. Yes, Epa, we are on Easter break. Oh-0h! exclaimed the old man, welcome home, my son. How body? Fine, Epa, I said and started walkinghome briskly, mama would be expecting me. I got home and called, Mama!Mama! Mama came out and when she saw me, I saw the joy on her face, she ran to hug me, and started shedding tears, I cleaned mama's tears and told her to stop crying. Indeed, the death of oghowen is taking its toll on mama, mama was no longer the lively woman she used to be, she was looking old and frail. Our father had died in a ghastly road accident when I was barely three years old, I don't have any memories of my father, mama was pregnant with oghowen. Papa's family members threw mama and I out of our home and mama had to be the only one fending for us. I grew up seeing mama as a very hardworking ...
Personally, I think one of the reasons why I don't do parties is because I used to be curious of why it should be free for me because I am a lady. Then, it led to some sort of fear that probably it was a bait, so, each time I got invited for a party and I asked how much the ticket was, immediately I heard it was free for ladies, there came this curiosity with fear and I ended up turning down most of the invitations.
Well, now, I know better. I have asked around and I have realised the reason behind it.
Well, party organizers, when do you want to stop wasting your money? You think these girls don't want to party too? Charge them! They want it too, they want to grind, they get excited when they hear there is a party, make them pay for it and stop throwing your goddamn money away for nothing.
This makes me remember a time when I started going to viewing centres, I had thought the guy there wasn't taking money from me because we stayed in the same neighbourhood until my brothers told me it was because I was a female. So, since then, I made sure I went there with someone, paid for two and when he protested, I told him to just 'keep the change', until he got used to me and stopped bothering himself, note that, then, I was a teen, but I had enough sense to know that I chose to watch match at a place where people pay and I would have to pay because i am also human. Why are these things necessary? So that in the future, our sons will not have to wonder why the system isn't being fair to them just because they are males.
If you'll make the goose pay, make the gander pay, too. If we want a fair life for all, then, little things like these matter, we can start from here, we can help our sons to know that they are not ATMs that's meant to always do the payment, we can help our daughters to be responsible enough to not fend off their male counterparts.
Dear ladies, if you have the money, you don't have to wait for the man, go get your damn thing done by yourself! Be your own baby girl for life!!

Comments
Post a Comment