Epa domo, I greeted Papa Ikpomwosa, our neighbour. Esosa, welcome, my son.Una don get holiday? The old man asked. Yes, Epa, we are on Easter break. Oh-0h! exclaimed the old man, welcome home, my son. How body? Fine, Epa, I said and started walkinghome briskly, mama would be expecting me. I got home and called, Mama!Mama! Mama came out and when she saw me, I saw the joy on her face, she ran to hug me, and started shedding tears, I cleaned mama's tears and told her to stop crying. Indeed, the death of oghowen is taking its toll on mama, mama was no longer the lively woman she used to be, she was looking old and frail. Our father had died in a ghastly road accident when I was barely three years old, I don't have any memories of my father, mama was pregnant with oghowen. Papa's family members threw mama and I out of our home and mama had to be the only one fending for us. I grew up seeing mama as a very hardworking ...
I thought it was you who covered my eyes,
I thought what I heard was the sound of your voice,
I thought what I smelt was your cologne,
I thought what I saw was your face.
I thought it was you who looked into my eyes,
I thought it was you who held me that close,
I thought what I heard was your heartbeat,
I thought what I saw was your face.
I thought it was your breath that got me intoxicated,
I thought it was you who kissed my lips,
I thought it was your hand that journeyed on my body,
I thought it was your body that got drowned in mine,
I thought what i saw was your face.
I thought it was you who said you loved me,
I thought it was you who said you missed me,
I thought it was you who said you wanted me,
I thought it was you who had me,
I thought what I saw was your face.

Comments
Post a Comment