TO THE MAN I ONCE LOVED
And tonight, memories cloud me like the heavens,
Memories of when it was only us under the galaxy,
With the moon watching over us silently,
As our bodies dwelt on ecstatic journeys
Introducing our souls to each other,
The times you looked after me even without my knowledge,
The times te only place my breasts felt good was on your lips.
The times we laughed till it hurt,
The days we fought and settled while kissing away each other's tears.
The times we played like little children,
Throwing water on each other's faces.
The times we told each other our deepest secrets,
And shared our deepest fears,
And even in our fears, with warm embrace, we told each other to fear not.
The tickle games, 'who laughs first, loses out',
And to the moment we said we couldn't do them anymore.
The laughter, the tears,
The journeys, the touches,
The friendship, the fights.
The moment I walked through that door,
And felt I would never see you again,
Even though, we had promised,
To see three days later,
It is now three years and these memories,
Like the heavens, have they becloud me,
And I wonder if you are the man I once loved
Or the man I still love.
Comments
Post a Comment