Epa domo, I greeted Papa Ikpomwosa, our neighbour. Esosa, welcome, my son.Una don get holiday? The old man asked. Yes, Epa, we are on Easter break. Oh-0h! exclaimed the old man, welcome home, my son. How body? Fine, Epa, I said and started walkinghome briskly, mama would be expecting me. I got home and called, Mama!Mama! Mama came out and when she saw me, I saw the joy on her face, she ran to hug me, and started shedding tears, I cleaned mama's tears and told her to stop crying. Indeed, the death of oghowen is taking its toll on mama, mama was no longer the lively woman she used to be, she was looking old and frail. Our father had died in a ghastly road accident when I was barely three years old, I don't have any memories of my father, mama was pregnant with oghowen. Papa's family members threw mama and I out of our home and mama had to be the only one fending for us. I grew up seeing mama as a very hardworking ...
It was all cool and calm,
Till we decided to start the fire.
This fire shall not burn on coals,
This fire shall burn on souls.
Coals burn to ashes,
Souls burn to ecstasy.
Have you seen fire burn on water?
We can create it, if you want so.
Let this fire burn up our souls,
Even as we drown in the Ocean of love.
As we burn, we drown.
Let us create a fire that water cannot quench.
From the Ocean, we shall drench,
From the fire, we shall melt.
Let us go pyromaniacal,
Together, we can create a fire,
That no water can quench.
Comments
Post a Comment