The other day while I was leaving home for school, I asked momma for little garri, even though I feared she would say no. But she said more than no. She said to me thus, I know you love garri, but when you love something and it threatens your well being, you leave such thing! Don't make me cry over a child all because of garri, you this child.
Truth be told, I love garri to a fault! When people ask me my best food and I say garri and they say garri is not food, I find it insulting. So, garri is what? But if I tell you what garri has done to me in this world? Was it when I would almost vomit even my Intestines all because I took garri? Garri was warning me and using style to tell me that it isn't meant for my stomach, but no, garri is bae was my watchword.
Then garri said if you wouldn't hear that I don't want to stay in your stomach, I will leave your mouth and refuse to enter your stomach. Seriously, there was a day I almost died due to this effect of garri in me. I stopped for a while and went back just to test if garri could see my love for it and stay with me. It stayed for a while until it started giving my stomach a hell of trouble. I would not vomit it but my stomach would not have peace either.
I still do not know what went wrong between me and garri and how we got to this stage, we used to be sweet together, after garri, was always a beautiful sleep. During secondary school days, when momma would give me garri and I would steal more. Garri was bae, but someway, somehow, that relationship got destroyed.
I know you're already doing yinmu and saying oracle that ordinary garri is treating her fuck up, is dah wan oracle? Just negodu, my brother!
Garri is that relationship that wants to take life out of you! I know you love that girl, but she has problems managing her temper, any little thing, before you say oya wo, knife has already fallen on you. Brother, she will kill you someday if you do not run!
I know sometimes, she is sweet and you feel like giving her another chance, shey nobody is perfect nah? Bro? Garri did that to me too, so unpredictable, I always gave him a try to see if things would run smoothly like it used to. Sometimes, it makes me sleep like a baby, other times like this? Tueh!
I am about to take one of the hardest decisions of my life, bid my love, farewell. You should do same to anyone in your life threatening your peace. You do not deserve to be hurt by what you love.
So, dear garri, I know We've had good times together. Secondary school, you saved my hungry ass many times! You were my sleeping medicine, you solved my insomnia problems many times. I love(d) you too, when people said ordinary corn flakes, that small boy of yesterday was better than you, I called them foolish and told mother earth (who witnesses your growth and maize's growth and knows you're better) to forgive them for they didn't know what they were saying. When some of them would even add milk to you, I called them cheats! Almighty garri is enough, was my Victory song! And each time I prepared you with hot water? You and ogbono soup were the best thing that happened to me. But now, you're not the love I used to know, you're the shadow of yourself, I think I lost you long ago! So, high time I bade you farewell, my lost love.
From your hurting love.
Comments
Post a Comment