Epa domo, I greeted Papa Ikpomwosa, our neighbour. Esosa, welcome, my son.Una don get holiday? The old man asked. Yes, Epa, we are on Easter break. Oh-0h! exclaimed the old man, welcome home, my son. How body? Fine, Epa, I said and started walkinghome briskly, mama would be expecting me. I got home and called, Mama!Mama! Mama came out and when she saw me, I saw the joy on her face, she ran to hug me, and started shedding tears, I cleaned mama's tears and told her to stop crying. Indeed, the death of oghowen is taking its toll on mama, mama was no longer the lively woman she used to be, she was looking old and frail. Our father had died in a ghastly road accident when I was barely three years old, I don't have any memories of my father, mama was pregnant with oghowen. Papa's family members threw mama and I out of our home and mama had to be the only one fending for us. I grew up seeing mama as a very hardworking ...
I write today, to call to everyone’s notice the fact that ‘The male child is not being treated equally with the female child’.
With the rise of gender equality in our society, it has concentrated mainly on the female child, the female child can now go to school like her male counterpart, and be financially independent, too.
But we seem to forget that gender equality is not for the female child alone, what does the male child stand to benefit?
The society has failed to realise that food is a physiological need and as such, every human should be able to prepare their meals.
We saw education as a very important tool, we saw financial independence and the right to own properties as what every human should have and not being restricted to a particular gender. So, i wonder, what makes it different when it comes to culinary skills, everyone eats, don't they?
Dear parents, you now know that a woman can be independent, please, teach your sons to be independent too.
Just as many females want to get married so her financial needs can be met, males too want to get married so his meals can be provided. We know the former is not a thing of pride, and I am telling you, “so is the latter”.
Stop feeding these boys with messed up mentalities like they do not need to learn home keeping. Home keeping is what every responsible human who has a home should do.
Stop encouraging the male child to be lazy and irresponsible....
Dear society, please, taking care of one's self is very important and most of our males lack this ability as they depend on women for something as simple as food.
Culinary skills does not come with a particular gender..... The male child deserves to be trained to take care of himself the same way the female child is being trained.
Shout out to the families who do not encourage gender roles, your sons are making you proud everywhere.
LIBERATE THE MALE CHILD, TRAIN THE MALE CHILD!

Comments
Post a Comment