Epa domo, I greeted Papa Ikpomwosa, our neighbour. Esosa, welcome, my son.Una don get holiday? The old man asked. Yes, Epa, we are on Easter break. Oh-0h! exclaimed the old man, welcome home, my son. How body? Fine, Epa, I said and started walkinghome briskly, mama would be expecting me. I got home and called, Mama!Mama! Mama came out and when she saw me, I saw the joy on her face, she ran to hug me, and started shedding tears, I cleaned mama's tears and told her to stop crying. Indeed, the death of oghowen is taking its toll on mama, mama was no longer the lively woman she used to be, she was looking old and frail. Our father had died in a ghastly road accident when I was barely three years old, I don't have any memories of my father, mama was pregnant with oghowen. Papa's family members threw mama and I out of our home and mama had to be the only one fending for us. I grew up seeing mama as a very hardworking ...
Sometimes, attraction is incomprehensible.
You know everyone would say they want the beautiful, Intelligent, wealthy ( at least, not poor) spouse.
But the thing is, there are times we find ourselves falling head over heels in love with people who don't have what we desire in a spouse.
Beauty? The person may not even be beautiful, but to you, who cares? You can't live a second without thinking of the person, you look at the person's picture over again and wonder what makes butterflies swim in your belly anytime you see them.
Intelligence? You know the person is not the intelligent type but you just have this hope of, they will be intelligent as time goes on, maybe as you two spend more time together. And even when the Intelligence is not forthcoming, you ignore it, and just accept your "fate"....
Wealth? But, we still find ourselves getting attracted to someone with almost nothing.
As I lay here, I ask, “What fosters attraction, really?”
Sometimes, it's just unexplainable. You can't just find answers.
You just find yourself smiling sheepishly when someone comes next to you.
And that smile gets frozen when the actually intelligent, beautiful, or/and wealthy ones comes next to you.
What does love want?
What does want want?
Attraction is unexplainable.

Comments
Post a Comment